Thread:
Toshiba RAID driver

OS
    vista

Toshiba RAID driver

I have been prevented from upgrading to WIN 7 by an (outdated) Toshiba RAID driver. I have tried numerous times to delete this driver, using three different driver control softwares in addition to add/remove programs. The problem with the delete is that the driver is not coming up on a list to delete.

Yesterday I saw advice on a Toshiba forum regarding this driver suggesting that it needs to be updated to at least 1.10.0016 before win 7 can be loaded, and the forum entry suggested that this update needs to occur on the Qosmio g30 or Qosmio F 30 web site. Going there landed me here, in this forum.

Is there anyone on this forum that can help me either: delete this troublesome driver or help me to upgrade it so that I can load win 7??????

By the way, all other drivers are updated and I am running Vista sp2 on a Toshiba laptop, A105 S4334. Toshiba will not support this laptop for upgrade to win 7 since its serial number has a 6 in it, and it was purchased in Dec 2006. Thanks.
    Last edited by dottye farrell; 05-15-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Hello
    Toshiba officially dont support such upgrade.
    but you can try not to upgrade but to install it from cd.
    if you fail you can always bring back your default manufacturer OS and settings.
    but be sure not to lose any valuable data

OS
    vista
    Hi.
    Thanks for responding.
    I have already tried to install win 7 on this laptop, but it gets to the compatibility check and requires the removal/deactivation of the RAID driver before preceeding. I must find a way to upgrade the driver to the settings in the OP or deactivate/remove it totally. That is my problem, and why I am here.

What settings for your SATA controller you have in BIOS of laptop?

OS
    ATI Radeon Xpress 200M/11
    ATI Radeon Xpress 200M/1100M (RC410M/RC415) Acelerador 3D I can't find this driver for windows xp sp3 in the world. It's very dificult. I'm finding cd installer for this toshiba satellite a105-s361. Help please. I'm Brazilian